Thursday, September 30, 2010

Adventures in notebook-shopping

     My mission: To buy a notebook. Just an everyday sort of notebook, in which I could write lists and notes to myself. Off I went to the Siem Reap Bookshop.

     Notebooks are cheap, but entertaining. I had several styles to choose from:

"Sweet Day
It is writteanon the
 wind thataevery where I go so
 it you really...love me."
Huh?

"Mickcy.
Love is the thing which is pleased at subject that is not good receiving.
Revolu
tionary
dragonfly."
Is that Mickey in drag?

"Music Life.
Similes and laughter are very
contagious, share them with a triend."
I guess similes are contagious, but metaphors are not...?

     Tough choice, but I settled on this one:
"Our finest quality paper
ensures a smooth surface that is please to write on.
This is the most comfortable notebook you have ever run into.
you will feel like writing with it all the time."
  

     It has not disappointed me yet. I do feel like writing with it all the time.