Our stopover in Portland has been great fun - we've had nice weather, good food, long walks, and time to just hang out with the kids. I'll let the photos tell more of the story.
 |
| Saturday Farmers' Market; we had a feast.. |
 |
| Someone did a nice job choosing that tablecloth. |
 |
| Tamale! |
 |
| Eating - and probably talking about food. |
 |
| Blackberries taste like my childhood. |
 |
| From the Farmers' Market to the Saturday Market... |
 |
The Willamette River runs through the middle of town,
and there's a great riverfront walkway.
|
 |
I spent several happy hours in here, even though I couldn't buy a thing.
(OK, so I bought a copy of Utne Reader to read on the next plane ride.) |
 |
There are plenty of vegans, music, and dogs in this town.
|
 |
Alberta Street Fair - wheel of fortune!
If you were lucky, you could win a free haircut...though we're not sure what her outfit has to do with it. |
 |
This kid was having a ball playing along with his toy piano.
(There is no shortage of kids in Portland.) |
 |
Waiting for pizza and cannoli.
It was worth the wait. |
 |
Wine country on a hazy afternoon. The scenery was beautiful, and the wines were tasty.
|
1 comment:
Great photo story. Looks like you are doing the new lifestyle thing very well. Enjoy the journey.
Post a Comment