Nothing is more fun than getting blog comments, though who knew that people spam in this format? I can't figure out what the motivation is for doing such a thing. It's not spam in the sense of someone trying to sell me something, but these strange comments that seem to flatter somehow (when you can understand them at all.)
The blog site does a good job of filtering the spam and putting them in a separate place to be moderated before automatically publishing them. The first few made me chuckle and I promptly deleted them, though recently I've started saving them just for my own amusement. I thought I would cut and paste one here for your amusement as well:
This one came a couple of days ago:
I be enduring be familiar with a insufficient of the articles on your website now, and I unqualifiedly like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites net stage list and disposition be checking to assist soon. Check in view my site as well and fail me conscious what you think. Thanks.
Gotta love those online translation sites, but I would hate to ever "fail [you] conscious." On the other hand, I'd love to know what a "favorites net stage list" is.
So, does anyone have any insight about the purpose of these weird comments? And can anyone explain why the comments only ever get made on two very old blog entries about laundry and luggage?
I'm sorry I deleted the first few, because they made about as much sense as the one above. Now I'm kind of hoping for more, just for laughs, but I'd truly like to understand the purpose of such odd comments. Can anyone enlighten me?
I'm sorry I deleted the first few, because they made about as much sense as the one above. Now I'm kind of hoping for more, just for laughs, but I'd truly like to understand the purpose of such odd comments. Can anyone enlighten me?
6 comments:
Yeah, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Just when you're finally at peace with the size of your penis, you get more enlightening spam.
Enjoy the hilariousness, tweak your preferences, and delete the rest.
I get them too and really don't understand how/why either, especially about the HUGE long ones filled with links to sex sites or pharmaceuticals. Do they really think these will be posted?
Thanks for the link to my blog btw! :-)
They're showing up more often.
Today's version:
I fool be familiar with a few of the articles on your website trendy, and I extremely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites net stage list and disposition be checking back soon. Please contain out of order my orientation as well and leave to me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.
What?!?!?!?
Jess, please forget about getting another job and keep writing. I love love love what you write.
But Jess,
I blog list anticipate sentiment good always! Messages make good disavow on kindness, you know don’t? Net stage list and disposition immediate, perspicacity and quote off spam not.
Hehe, I am feeling better I think, wouldn't you agree?
Mark! Health of you enduringly improvement qualified!
Post a Comment