1. It's been too damn hot. We've been having a bit of unseasonably hot and humid weather in the middle of what is supposed to be rainy season, and the temperature and humidity knocks me out.
2. I've been busy. I'm working more, and while it's far from full-time, it is sporadic and unpredictable enough to leave me feeling like I'm working more than I actually am..
3. I'm cranky. See #1 above.
4. I'm too in love with my iPad, which works perfectly well for 90% of my computing needs, but isn't so great for writing long text. I could use my laptop, with its still wonky keyboard, but I'm usually too lazy to go to turn it on and wait through the five-minute start up process.
5. So I guess being too lazy has to go on this list too.
6. I'm feeling kind of lousy these last couple of weeks, with a collection of vague yet extremely annoying symptoms. Every day I give myself a provisional diagnosis of something different - virus, thyroid imbalance, MS, chronic fatigue syndrome, brain tumor, menopause, spinal misalignment, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, middle age, Lyme Disease, mitral valve prolapse - you name it, and I've probably considered it. It makes me cranky (see #3 above) and tired.
7. Sometimes I get all bent out of shape when I post something on the blog and get no responses about it. It seems I crave more interaction than a blog format provides, which leads to...
8. I spend way too much time on Facebook, where I can find that interaction I'm craving, and stalk people from back home, and keep a connection alive just by taking 2 seconds to click "Like." (If I ever feel like writing again, I could tell you how the evolution of the way I use Facebook over the past year reflects something about where I am at both physically and psychologically, but that would probably only be interesting to me.)
9. I feel like the novelty/honeymoon phase of life in Cambodia is over. My perspective and outlook are shifting, and I find I'm more likely to want to post about more serious topics, which I don't think most of you will enjoy reading. (And then you won't respond and I'll get all bent out of shape.... see #7 above.)
10.
OK, maybe I can only think of nine reasons. (So maybe Reason #10 should be lack of creativity.)
Just to keep this post from boring you completely to death, I will include a photo. This is is the brand new sign for my favorite business in town - well, the business whose name I love more than any other. Their sign and awning used to say "Steel Door Achievment" (missing a second "e") and now it says "Steel Door Achivement."
I wonder what they did with the old awning. I would totally take it and use it on our balcony...
5 comments:
This picture makes me miss Cambodia a lot :)
I hope the rain will come soon and make you feel fresher.
I would love to read some of your serious commentary!
So last year, the excitement of being there kept you going and this year you don't have that. Summer weather in SE ASia...uggh. I find the best thing to do in that kind of weather is to just wallow in laziness.
Go eat some mangosteen and you'll feel better! but please don't write about it, cause then i'll be insanely jealous.
Let's hear about those "more serious" topics. Maybe you will get more response. I'm worried about you!
Don't worry about posting serious topics, I'm sure plenty of people (myself included) would want to read them.
As for the comments issue, this is common with most if not all bloggers. We all crave the interaction, otherwise we would not put our stuff out there for the public to see. Just know that way more people are reading than are commenting (you can look at your stats to see that).
Here's a quick word of encouragement: I read your blog. It has been more than a year since we first met, almost a year since we last met, and my babies are doing great. Eleanor is wonderful with Adele, who is walking now. I am healthy, and while I still say I'll never do it again, I am a very happy mom. Love, Meg
Post a Comment