Saturday, August 21, 2010

Portland is like Burlington on steroids.

     I catch a lot of flak in this family for not having come to Portland more often over the last several years. It was certainly not because I wasn't interested, and I'm very glad to be here now. It's great to spend time with the kids on what is now their home turf, and it's a wonderful city for walking and people-watching, which are some of my favorite things.

     It's also a great city for eating and drinking, and the conversation among members of this family rarely strays from the topic of food. (It presents a challenge when I'm trying so hard to focus my attention on anything other than food, but I'm working on it.)

     A lot happens in Portland. Festivals, concerts, events of all kinds:


      There are a wide variety of shops and boutiques:


     Things are very well-labeled, so you know what areas to avoid:


     And best of all, the kids are here!




    

1 comment:

Mim said...

great to see pix of the family. Thanks for writing and posting.